Sisler's Dairy Products started in 1908 in Ohio, IL as a supplier of ice cut from the local pond. The owner, George Sisler, also a local mail carrier, began experimenting with creating a high quality ice cream during his free time. He soon began selling small containers of his creations to his mail route customers who quickly spread the word about how good his ice cream was. With more demand for his product, he decided to retire from the postal service and devote his time to producing and selling ice cream as well as other dairy products, while slowing ice deliveries.
Two of his sons, Bill and Ed, decided to continue the business and made the decision to expand production and their product offerings. Noticing the need for ice in the restaurants that purchased their ice cream, they started producing and packaging ice.
Not long after they split the company into two separate entities. Ed creating this company, Sisler's Ice in Dekalb, IL and Bill keeping the original location in Ohio, IL with Sisler's Ice and Ice Cream.
Ed and his two sons, Scott and Mark, have since grown the company further expanding the dairy and ice offerings and later focusing soley on ice production, packaging and delivery to Northern Illinois. They continue to utilize George's philosophy of offering high quality products with dependable service at a fair price.